1886 The Christian Brothers came to Mallow and built the Monastery.
1867 A Primary School is built.
1879 The Patrician Brothers were invited to Mallow. On the 15th October, five Brothers arrived. They were Jerome McCauley, Joseph Moran, Aloysius Maher, John O’Sullivan and Clement Byrne.
1902 The Brothers allowed the local Technical Committee to use the premises for night classes.
1904 The Academy was built. It was a single storey building, joining the Monastery to the Primary school. It was divided into two rooms by a partition. The larger room was the Academy.
1911 The Science and Art room (present Red Corridor) was built. It was a single story building. Night classes were discontinued.
1918 The Academy moved to the Science and Art room. The old Academy was then used as the National School.
1924 A second storey was added to the National School providing three extra classes for the Academy. ‘The Hut’ was purchased from the Urban District Council. It provided two more classrooms.
1936 A second storey was added to the Academy (present Language laboratory) and was served by an outdoor staircase.
1943 ‘The Hut’ was converted into bedrooms for the Brothers.
1954 When the National School moved to its present location, the upper storey of St Mary’s Hall was converted into bedrooms for the large community. ‘The Hut’ was no longer used.
1960 The entrance to the old Primary School was knocked down. A kitchen was built.
1962 The old Primary Classrooms were converted into Chemistry and Biology laboratories.
1966 The Monastery’s Tower and Spire were removed.
1968 ‘The Hut’ was demolished.
1969 The Red Corridor was renovated. Half the orchard made way for tennis and basketball courts. A new block was built providing six new classrooms.
1971 Woodwork was introduced into the school, in St Mary’s Hall. The Language Room was built.
1972 The Basement was built providing three classrooms and an Assembly Room.
1973 A new Academy wing opened.
1977 A Woodwork Room was built.
1979 The Brothers celebrated 100 years in Mallow.
1982 The Assembly Room / Gym in the Basement was converted into three classrooms.
1983 The Don Bosco Special Education Unit was opened.
1984 Prefabricated buildings were constructed providing two Drawing Rooms and two classrooms.
1985 Acquisition of playing fields.
1992 An extension added to existing school and the monastery was converted into an administration block, staffroom, an assembly hall and three classrooms. The extension consisted of three science laboratories with a tiered demonstration room, two drawing rooms, a building construction room, a geography laboratory with a weather satellite link and four classrooms.
1993 A modern Language Laboratory was built .
1994 A state of the art computer room was added to the school facilities. The last of the Patrician Brothers leave Mallow. Christopher Mansfield becomes the first lay Principal succeeding Brother Simeon.
1997 The school library was restored with funding from the Parents Association.
1998 Basketball courts were built at the back of the school.
2000 Richard Green was appointed Principal.
2003 Anne Dunne was appointed Principal
2007 Catherine Fitzpatrick was appointed Principal
2009 The Junior Block was refurbished. The Den was converted into a Canteen. The old Woodwork Room was refurbished and is converted into an Art Room. The Special Class was renamed Resource 1.
2010 Access to the Internet and Digital Projectors were provided kin all classrooms. The Patrician Academy was registered as a provider of FETAC programs. The school got planning permission for a Sports Hall/Gymnasium on site.
2011 The Science Labs were upgraded. The Special Class Unit was refurbished.
2012 Sports Hall/Gym opened by Bishop William Creean.