Travel and Health Awareness Week / Travel Flag
The Patrician Academy will hold a Health Awareness Week from March 10th -14th.The school will also launch the An Taisce Travel Flag focusing on walking and cycling to school as part of an approach to promoting good health by encouraging students to be more active.
The main activities for the week are:
- Launch of Travel Flag and Health Awareness Week by Fiona Barry from An Taisce.
- Tuesday 25th February 2014
- Time: 12.30 p.m. – 1.10 p.m.
- Venue: School Hall
- Attendance: Fiona Barry, Principal, Mrs. Glynn, Mr. McAuliffe and Ms. Harte, Photographer, representatives from the Convent Student Council and Patrician Academy Student Council and representatives from the TY Travel Survey Committee.
- Display of new Billboard.
- Presentation of Results on Travel Survey (survey of Friday the 17th of January).
- Launch of Poster /Poetry Competition based on Health and Travel.
- Teachers to start a week of programmes in which classes will be based on Health and Travel.
- Bicycle Repair workshop by Fergal Hogan of Blackwater Valley Cycles. He will have a racer and a mountain bike on display.
- Fiona Barry from the Green Schools Committee representing An Taisce will talk to the Student Council and representatives from the Convent Student Council about the upcoming Travel and Health Awareness Week at 2 pm in the Demo Room.